Saturday, February 25, 2012

☀ Sunlit Sunday (#8): Knit 1, Purl 1

I practised sprinting yesterday.
Perhaps sprinting is overstating the case, but a few quick dashes were made.
For a brief while in the afternoon, the sun would appear for a few moments,
then disappear behind a cloud,
appear,
disappear,
while I dashed between rooms trying to capture a ray or two for "Sunlit Sunday".


I thought I'd see how the sun played on the knitting.
The neglected knitting.
The warm brown wool from Prince Edward Island knitting.
The where-did-I-leave-off-better-sort-this-out knitting.


I'm using a sweater pattern ("jumper" for the over-the-pond folks) from one source, but doing a bit of texture using a design from this book.

Rephrase: The plan is to do the aforementioned. 

The knitting needles haven't been clicking.
My follow-through hasn't been clicking.
I need a better routine to my day, one that clicks. 
I'm a dropped stitch in the ribbing of Blogland creativity!


Here's what is done so far, highlighted by the infrequent sunshine.
I thought if I showed it now that perhaps I could update its status later.
Some sunny inspiration would help.

 Tick tock, tick tock.
Knit 1, purl 1.
Click, click.

I hope you'll visit those who link below and share some of their sunshine.
Also, I have a little giveaway that you may read about and enter here.


Now it's time for: 
 

23 comments:

  1. Oh, look how beautiful the kitting in the basket is! I love the colors and the textures bathed in the warm sunlight! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a better woman than I Karen; no patience for knitting. What if you save the sweater for a rainy day? :-)
    Don't know where my link went, hopefully it's there somewhere.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn looks so soft and cozy. I wouldn't dare leave my yarn in a basket else Shadow would be snatching it away for play time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour and texture of that yarn.
    I started a little infant's dress last year and have it nearly finished. On Monday a friend is going to help me to finish it off - because I can't find my place in the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kitty's would love to play in your basket... Love the way the sunshine makes the yarn look so soft and warm...Have a wonderful week and thank you for the party ... hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. This is my first time participating in Sunlit Sunday and I thank you for hosting it. Your photos are lovely and I think your 'jumper' is coming along beautifully. I remember while visiting in England we heard that term for the first time and didn't know what they meant. lol Blessings, Pamela #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time participating, too. I admire people who can knit - I have not got the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Karen.

    Your knitting in the sunlight makes my heart warm.

    Thank you for helping me a lot. Next time!

    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find myself doing the same thing trying to catch a sunlit photo. I cannot knit but crochet all the time. Looks like you have a great start.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you have a good start on the sweater. I cannot knit a stitch or purl a 1. I don't have the patience.
    Have a great weekend. I hope the sun stays out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a crochet basket full of half finished work,
    maybe today;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty pics Karen. Have a wonderful day, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry I forgot about Sunlit Sunday have been taking advantage of slightly warmer days to do some tidying in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do so enjoy Sunlit Sunday!!! Thank you. Your knitting is beautiful. I started a new scarf and I am enjoying the challenge of the pattern! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pattern that you are creating with your knitting. Must pick up my neglected knitting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for hosting. What a coincidence! Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your sunlit photos! Thanks for the visit! I'm Linky following now :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cool idea. I will try to take some sunny photos next Sunday and join in the fun! Your knitting is very impressive to ME! I can only imagine being good enough to knit something so even-I always get mine discombobulated!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shots, I love the way the sun is hitting the knitting! Your knitting is wonderful, very talented and creative. I was never any good at it, my grandma tried to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cozy and warm..that's what I see in these images. The basket with yarn and knitting great looking; adds to the home decorating! Someday I'll pick up the needles and knit one etc..Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks wonderful with some sunshine on it! Your knitting project certainly does!
    I don't have the patience for knitting but I do respect anyone who does! Great thing about projects like this is, they are always there for you and ready to enjoyed when you are ready! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Karen,
    Beautiful photos!
    Love your knitting basket and the wool from PEI...
    Lovely colour too!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...