Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It Isn't Pretty!


This poor thing was originally a dark stained pine, then painted white. Now, it's just plain worn and has all the look of "shabby" with none of the "chic".

It isn't pretty.



Ugh. 

It's been driving me batty, so I've started to take out the drawers and fill in the drawer pull holes. Last time I painted this chest of drawers, I couldn't find pulls the proper size to replace the brass ones; I just painted what I had.

This time, I'll drill new holes for the new hardware; it's pretty!  
Then, there'll be some sanding and a fresh coat of paint.



Let it be said that this kind of project is not my forté. 

I'm already feeling on edge about the mess I'm making so am going to move the drawers to the basement. I'll work on them there. At least that's the plan. Maybe not just right now.

I suddenly have the desire to tidy the kitchen instead!

Procrastination; it isn't pretty either. 

9 comments:

  1. This is not my idea of fun either Karen. I choose the paint and DH does the work. After painting my tea cabinet in the kitchen last year, I have a couple of other pieces I want him to do to match it.
    Think of how good you'll feel when it's all prettied up!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like to paint furniture either. I do like to paint empty rooms but that is it. Let me dig in the dirt and plant flowers-can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll look beautiful all prettied up! But I definitely get the procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,

    Just think how good you will feel when your DIY project is completed. It will look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just how you feel....I have some things to paint too, but the resulting mess I know I'll create is putting me off starting them! Maybe when the weather here is warmer...Your new DIY project will be so worthwhile when it's done, and one day you will just feel like beginning it. In the meantime, enjoy whatever you decide to do and have a cosy week, Karen.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me laugh, did the kitchen get tidied I wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    I don't think I've ever painted a large piece of furniture. It sounds like a lot of work-but it'll look great when you're finished! I've always wanted to re-do my kitchen cabinets.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Karen,

    I wish you luck! As my husband would say I am not terribly good at that sort of project either. Procrastinating? I excel in that domain and could supply you with a number of delaying tactics should you run out!

    Have a lovely weekend and keep warm and snug.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one! Thanks for share. Will be back to read more. :)
    condo in Philippines

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...