Saturday, December 31, 2011

╰☆╮An Old English Blessing for the New Year


When I as a child, I had a wonderful friend named Kim. I missed her very much when I moved away from my hometown, but we wrote each other (remember letters?) for several years. She sent me this small book of poetry for one of my birthdays.


 I told you it was many years ago.


The last entry is a blessing for the new year.



I've been blogging for a little over six months, now, and have appreciated the kindness of those who have visited me here, 
those who have commented 
and those who have followed. 
I look forward to getting to know you better in 2012 and to meeting new visitors.

Happy Birthday to 2012.
  Happy New Year, Friends! 
╰☆╮

13 comments:

  1. I like the cover of the poetry book from your friend and the old English blessing.
    Wishing you a happy new year!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Karen. Isn't blogging fun? The quote you've put at the top of your post is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Karen. It's been fun getting to know you and look forward to getting to know you even better in 2012.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is a little like having the best sort of pen pals! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely keepsake from your friend. I'm glad you joined the blogging world and I'm glad I discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been fun getting to know you and your beautiful creations. Have a wonderful new year. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I love that sweet poem - it perfectly ushers in the new year.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a great book. Happy New Year Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely and the simple words of hope for a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful blessing! I love words to live by and this fits the bill! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 2012! Such a lovely book and a wonderful blessing for the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,Karen.
    Beautiful words to go with your lovely books.
    I love getting know you.

    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...